Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Personal Log 2: Pre-Op

Tonight is my last night pre-op for me. I'm nervous and hopeful at the same time, because this operation is a fairly big deal in a number of ways.

On one hand, it's going to be great, because after this I should be tumor free. They'll be checking the tumor again to fully rule out Cancer, but my doctor says that now that it's been evaluated more closely by a number of experts, he believes the chances of that are slim. 

On the other hand, he said I'll probably be walking around assisted for about a month, meaning a walker or cane. Now you gotta remember, I'm pretty young, so the thought of being so crippled and dependent, even temporarily, scares me. 

There's more to it than that too - like how they might graft a piece of a dead person's bone (called an allograft) to help reinforce the bone's structure, and that I'll be out over half a day under anesthesia... But I'll have more on that when I'm back in front of a computer. 

For now I sit and think in the window of my charming little hotel room and wonder what the world has in store for me tomorrow. Hope the world sees you all well. 


Isn't the view pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment